“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” – Maria Robinson
There are many changes and challenges in life. Changes like those listed below can be a source of stress and anxiety for many of us.
- Career change, loss of a job, other changes in the workplace
- Change in school, starting college
- Moving to a new place
- Loss of an important relationship
- Beginning a new relationship or marriage
- Growing family, birth of children
- Mid-life changes, “empty-nest”
- Physical changes, illness
- Retirement, end-of-life issues
Many people don’t realize that changes that are typically associated with excitement and joy such as a new relationship, marriage, a new job, or the birth of a child can also be a source of stress, anxiety and uncertainty. It is normal to have mixed feelings and to feel uncertain during times of transition. Other changes may bring feelings of sadness and loss. Read more about Grief & Loss.
If a difficult time in your life has left you feeling lost, confused or overwhelmed, therapy can offer you the support and encouragement you need to help you find your way again. I provide therapy in West Chester, PA for people who need extra support through times of change and loss.